In June 2017, we opened the doors of our national retreat center for recalibrated veterans and their families.
The former estate of Elizabeth Arden underwent a $2.5 million renovation to restore this historical former spa into a place of respite and relaxation for America’s military families.
Historically known as the Maine Chance Lodge, today, the Travis Mills Foundation Veterans Retreat opened in June. We aspire to operate 40-45 weeks out of the year: welcoming veteran families from all across the United States.
Our 11,000 square foot facility on 17 acres now features:
- 8-suite style bedrooms for hosting 8 veteran families per week
(up to 35 people per week)
- Full handicap accessibility
- Apartment for 4 staff personnel
- Restored barn for equipment storage
- Movie theater with support from Bose & Lovesac
- Library with support from The Barbara Bush Foundation
- Children’s playroom
- Spa room
- Formal living room
- Dining room
- Commercial Kitchen
- Two stone patios (front & rear)
- Disc golf course
- Walk-in refrigerator
- Laundry, staff area, and dry storage
Our retreat was beautifully furnished with generous support from our friends at Wayfair – helping us to create a home away from home for our veterans.