The Travis Mills Foundation welcomes the opportunity for donors and sponsors, like you, to join our mission to benefit and assist recalibrated veterans and their families. Your support is critical to achieving our mission.
We’re committed to making sure your dollar is stretched to its maximum ability. We budget $1,000 for each veteran family member to attend. All at no cost to the veteran family. Below explains where each dollar goes to, as well as the amount it cost to sponsor an individual, family, or a week of programming. To donate, please click here.
How each dollar is spent:
- 50 cents on travel
- 30 cents on programs
- 10 cents on meals
- 10 cents on retreat operation
Cost per individual-family- week
- Individual Veteran- $1,000
- Veteran & Family- $3,000-$5,000
- Sponsor a Week- $25,000: To sponsor a week, please contact Brandy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How are the Veterans chosen to attend the retreat?
- In 2017, it was invitation only. This was based off being able to accomodate every type of physical injury. In 2018, it is open application process (Referral / Recommendation), 2) Invitation from another veteran non-profit that supports recalibrated veterans, and 3) Returning families (limit 1 per week).
- Is there specific criteria used to choose the attendees?
- Our attendees have been permanently disabled as a result of their service to our country – meaning while in active duty or in-combat.
- Is there a list/queue of Veterans waiting to attend?
- We don’t currently have a waiting list — we do have a list of attendees who are ready to join us, but no backlog of people to serve.
- Would it be possible to nominate a recalibrated veteran from my community to attend?
- You can nominate a veteran right here.