Travis’s amazing story has now received attention from local and national media outlets. Below is just some of the media coverage available. If you are a member of the media and interested in contacting Travis, please send your request via our contact form.
July 6, 2022 | Golf and Giving
Jeff Monreal talks about his upcoming charity golf tournament to benefit the Foundation.
SSG Travis Mills reflects on “Top Gun: Maverick.”
June 23, 2022 | Augusta School Raises Funds for Mills Foundation
SSG Travis Mills visits the school every year.
June 18, 2022 | Key Bank Holds Neighbors Make the Difference Day
Volunteers performed yard work at the Travis Mills Foundation Veterans Retreat.
It was the first “Hockey for Heroes” event hosted by Beauty Unis.
May 30, 2022 | Columbia Resident Services With Travis Mills Foundation
Experience is ‘extremely rewarding’ for board member Pam Swan.
May 31, 2022 | Emotionally and Physically, Miles for Mills Most Intense Run
Lizzy Snyder of B98.5 shares her experience running the race on Memorial Day Weekend.
May 30, 2022 | Miles for Mills Raised Money For Veterans
The race had more than 1,300 registrants; including a team from News Center Maine.
Funds will go to supporting veterans at the Foundation’s Retreat in Rome, Maine.
May 27, 2022 | 12-Year-Old To Receive National Honor For Work With TMF
Michael Ahern has been recognized by the Congressional Medal of Honor Society.
SSG Travis Mills visits St. Michael’s in Augusta, Maine, for the annual event.
May 24, 2022 | 11th Annual Miles for Mills 5K Set For Sunday
News Center Maine, Media Sponsor for the event, catches up with SSG Travis Mills.
May 18, 2022 | From the Chamber: Going the Extra Miles Memorial Day Sunday
Cory King of the Bath-Brunswick Regional Chamber details when and how to support the Miles for Mills 5K, presented by New Balance Foundation.
Lizzy Snyder of Maine’s 92 Moose trains for the race.
May 11, 2022 | Army Veteran Spreads Message of Hope
SSG Travis Mills speaks at Four Chaplains Memorial.
Pamela Swan has dedicated her life to serving veterans.
CBS New York covers SSG Mills’s trip to Times Square, 911 Memorial.
April 28, 2022 | Clemson Recognized for Service to Veterans
Portion of Operation Hat Trick merchandise donated to TMF.
April 25, 2022 | Former Soldier Stresses Importance of Blood Donations
The U.S. Department of Defense tells SSG Travis Mills’s story of how blood donations saved his life.
April 10, 2022 | Alive Day a Bittersweet Celebration
The Boston Herald reports on SSG Travis Mills’s Alive Day.
April 10, 2022 | Veteran Celebrates 10th Alive Day
The New York Post features SSG Travis Mills as he reflects on losing his limbs 10 years ago.
March 30, 2022 | SSG Travis Mills Thanks Vietnam Era Veterans At Annual Breakfast
New Center Maine covers the event held in Augusta, Maine.
March 28, 2022 | Miles for Mills 5K Is Open For Registration
News Center Maine announces its status as media sponsor for the race.
March 23, 2022 | Operation Hat Trick Makes Donation to TMF
Gift is in support of the Foundation’s new Health and Wellness Center.
March 13, 2022 | National Automobile Dealers Associations Welcomes SSG Travis Mills
Organization donates to the Travis Mills Foundation.
March 4, 2022 | TMF Volunteer On “Undercover Boss”
U.S. Cellular donates $20K in honor of volunteer.
February 28, 2022 | Travis Mills Announces The American Hero Podcast
Heroes come in all shapes and sizes and all walks of life.
February 14, 2022 | Foundation To Host Vietnam Veterans
American Legion Post in Maine Gets the word out about breakfast.
February 6, 2022 | Travis Mills Foundation Exceeds Fundraising Goal for Center Equipment
Michigan’s WNEM Follows Progress of new Health and Wellness Center.
February 2, 2022 | Travis Mills Foundation Race Moves to Brunswick
The 11th annual race will be held Sunday, May 29, 2022.
January 21, 2022 | Travis Mills Foundation to Honor Vietnam Era Veterans
Breakfast to be held in Augusta for veterans and a guest.
November 23, 2021 | World Equestrian Center Holds First Concert Ever to Benefit Veterans
WCJB interviews SSG Travis Mills about the concert with country singer Craig Morgan.
November 12, 2021 | Supporting Veterans with Special Guest Travis Mills
New Day Cleveland features the Travis Mills Foundation and an upcoming benefit concert by John Rich.
November 11, 2021 | Travis Mills Foundation Seeks Volunteers
Needed year round, volunteers work in the kitchen, drive boats, babysit and more.
November 9, 2021 | Travis Mills and Dave Mortach, Supporting Veterans
WKYC Studios: Foundation offers lifesaving support to veterans.
November 9, 2021 | Quadruple Amputee Veteran Shares Story of Resilience
Fox 17 Nashville shares the inspiring story of SSG Travis Mills.
November 8, 2021 | Variety Salute to Service to Air on History Channel
SSG Travis Mills and the Travis Mills Foundation to be featured on Veterans Day program.
November 5, 2021 | Dave Mortach Sponsors Cash Raffle for Travis Mills Foundation
Newsradio WTAM highlights generosity of firm to Travis Mills Foundation.
November 2, 2021 | Carrington Charitable Foundation Raises Funds for Travis Mills Foundation
It’s the Foundation’s mission to support veteran organizations that promote mobility, stability, purpose and prosperity.
October 16, 2021 | More than $100K Raised for Travis Mills Foundation
Media Sponsor News Center Maine features TMF fundraiser.
October 29, 2021 | John Rich – Cleveland Concert Supports the Travis Mills Foundation
John Rich talks to WKYC about his support for the men and women in the Armed Forces.
October 21, 2021 | Dave Mortach Promotes Upcoming Concert for Travis Mills Foundation
John Rich to perform at the Lorain Palace Theater.
The News-Herald announces fundraising concert for recalibrated veterans.
October 7, 2021 | ‘People Will Die to Get Here,’ Writes Wounded Warrior
SSG Travis Mills pens opinion piece for Boston Herald.
September 29, 2021 | Jan/San Pro Spends Free Time Volunteering for Vets
Georgia father and son do everything from babysit to driving a pontoon boat for veterans in Maine.
September 28, 2021 | Travis Mills Foundation to host Event at Portland Jetport
WABI out of Bangor promotes the Travis Mills Foundation and latest fundraising event.
September 28, 2021 | Travis Mills Foundation to host Plane Pull ® Event at Portland Jetport
Maine’s WMTW features fundraiser for the Travis Mills Foundation.
September 27, 2021 | Spectators Welcome to Watch Teams Pull Plane for Veterans
The Travis Mills Foundation to hold second plane pull ®
September 12, 2021 | TMF Breaks Ground on New Health and Wellness Center for Veterans
Maine Public features Foundation’s newest addition.
September 11, 2021 | Travis Mills Breaks Ground on Health and Wellness Center
U.S. News and World Report highlights veteran’s latest endeavor.
September 7, 2021 | Register for 2021 Travis Mills Foundation Plane Pull ®
Event proceeds will benefit recalibrated veterans.
September 7, 2021 | Think You Can Pull an Airplane 20 Feet? Let’s Find Out!
B98.5, Central Maine’s Country, has a challenge for listeners.
SSG Travis Mills tours Maine newspaper reporter around Travis Mills Foundation.
August 24, 2021 | There’s a Fine Line Between a Hero and an Asshole
Mike Rowe has friend and veteran SSG Travis Mills on his podcast.
August 22, 2021 | Afghanistan wasn’t all for nothing, says Army vet
SSG Travis Mills shares a special message on CBS Sunday to remind veterans their time in service in Afghanistan was good meaningful work.
August 20, 2021 | Real America with Travis Mills
Dan Ball goes one-one-one with veteran who served in Afghanistan for One America News Network.
August 19, 2021 | Ray Richardson and SSG Travis Mills
WLOB interviews SSG Travis Mills, a true American hero.
SSG Travis Mills speaks to Maine’s WGME Channel 13 about the war in the Middle East.
August 18, 2021 | ‘Focus on Everything you Did,’ says SSG Travis Mills
Veteran Travis Mills has a message for his fellow veterans of the war in Afghanistan.
August 18, 2021 | Quadruple Amputee Vet: ‘It’s time to leave.’
SSG Travis Mills shares thoughts on the pullout of Afghanistan with CNN.
August 18, 2021 | Travis Mills offers statement on Afghanistan
WGAN News Radio sits down with SSG Travis for a one-on-one about the 20-year war.
August 17, 2021 | Veteran Injured In Afghanistan Talks Troop Withdrawal
WPIX 11 New York talks to SSG Travis Mills about the nation’s stability.
August 16, 2021 | Local Serviceman Speaks About Time in Afghanistan
SSG Travis Mills reactions to Taliban takeover for WNEM.
August 16, 2021 | Maine Veterans Say They Have No Regrets For Their Service
SSG Travis Mills tells the Bangor Daily News that what happened is ‘awful,’ but not unexpected.
August 16, 2021 | Editorial: Disorder in Kabul Looks A lot Like Saigon in 1975
The Bangor Daily News Editorial Board echoes perspective of veterans.
August 15, 2021 | Taliban Advance Weighs on War Vets
‘It just feels like Vietnam all over again,’ says SSG Travis Mills.
August 14, 2021 | For Many US Veterans, Fall of Afghanistan to Taliban Stirs Confusion
The LA Times features SSG Travis Mills about the country’s role in Afghanistan.
- Maine Cabin Masters- Veterans’ Retreat – December 11, 2017
- Travis Mills Collects Christmas Cards for Injured Veterans Impacted by Hurricanes – December 4, 2017
- Foundation Founder Travis Mills Hopes to Expand Program for Wounded Veterans – November 22, 2017
- Mt. Blue Talk: Travis Mills Shares Tragedy, Triumphs – October 26, 2017
- The Travis Mills Foundation’s Maine Retreat for Combat-Injured Vets Celebrates Inaugural Season – September 28, 2017
- Returning the Favor- A Hero’s Retreat – September, 2017
- Maine War Vet Names Baby Son After Medics Who Saved Him – September 13, 2017
- Quad Amputee Travis Mills To Speak At ‘For The Love of Our Troops’ Event In Benefit Of The Home Front Cares – August 17, 2017
- Quadruple amputee who served in Iraq, Afghanistan to speak at upcoming ‘The Home Front Cares’ event – August 7, 2017
- Gifford’s celebrates 30th anniversary in Bangor with Travis Mills and All American-themed party – July 26, 2017
- Staff Sgt. Travis Mills visits White House, meets VP Pence, Pres. Trump – July 10, 2017
- Travis Mills holds grand opening of lakeside retreat for wounded veterans in Rome – June 25, 2017
- Travis Mills inspires crowd at Frankenmuth gala – May 6, 2017
- First Look: Vassar native Travis Mills’ new Maine retreat for veteran amputees – May 3, 2017
- ALEX STEED The big life lessons I learned from Travis Mills – May 3, 2017
- Travis Mills gives back with retreat for wounded veterans – May 3, 2017
- St. Michael School, Travis Mills Foundation Walk-athon set – May 2, 2017
- Travis Mills prepares to open retreat this summer – April 20, 2017
- Travis Mills and wife expecting another child – April 6, 2017
- Quadruple amputee Staff Sgt. Travis Mills wows the crowd with appearance on ‘Ellen’ show – April 5, 2017
- Travis Mills announces wife’s pregnancy on Ellen Degeneres Show – April 4, 2017
- 82nd Airborne podcast to revisit quadruple amputee Travis Mills, paratrooper for life – March 26, 2017
- A quadruple amputee and retired army sergeant shares his story in Salinas – March 6, 2017
- Quadruple amputee veteran the guest of honor at Lady Bird Johnson Park – February 21, 2017
- Afghanistan War Vet Travis Mills Tells His Story At Boise State – January 25, 2017
- Honor and Valor: U.S. Army veteran shares his story – November 11, 2016
- Sgt. Travis Mills Proves He’s ‘Tough as They Come’ – November 10, 2016
- After his ‘bad day at work,’ he’s helping veterans relax – November 10, 2016
- Veteran & Quadruple Amputee Travis Mills: ‘God Had a Plan For Me to Keep Going Forward’ – November 10, 2016
- U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Travis Mills – November 8, 2016
- Veteran Who Survived Quadruple Amputation Speaks In Downtown Mpls. – November 3, 2016
- Why War Veteran and Quadruple Amputee Travis Mills Is Thankful and ‘Tough as They Come’ – October 27, 2016
- Glenn Beck asks quadruple amputee vet if he regrets the day he lost his limbs – his honest answer will surprise you – October 27, 2016
- Quadruple-amputee veteran: You have to ‘get up and get going’ after tragedy – September 30, 2016
- Army vet Travis Mills shares inspiring story – September 29, 2016
- NowThis – August 31, 2016
- American Hero: Don’t Call Me A Wounded Warrior. I’m Not a ‘Sob Story.’ – April 4, 2016
- Travis Mills Survives Multiple War Injuries And Pays It Forward – March 17, 2016
- Army Veteran Knows No Limits in Recovery – December 7, 2015
- Tough as They Come” tells Army Sgt. Mills’ inspiring story – November 12, 2015
- War hero opens up about his injuries and recovery – October 27, 2015
- Wounded warrior sharing his inspiring story with the world – October 27, 2015
- Quadruple-Amputee Vet Creates Retreat for Wounded Vets – March 9, 2015
- A home for heroes: Soldier who lost all his limbs in Afghanistan bomb blast buys beauty magnate Elizabeth Arden’s $765,000 estate to treat fellow wounded warriors – March 3, 2015
- Travis Mills Foundation Purchases Maine Property for Combat-Wounded Veterans – March 3, 2015
- Army Staff Sgt Travis Mills In-Studio with the Kidd Kraddick Show – February 24, 2015
- World Premiere of Travis: A Soldier’s Story Director’s Cut – November 11, 2014
- Good Day FOX4 Talks with SSG Travis Mills – November 11, 2014
- Amputee Hero: Wounded Warrior Shares Story In New Documentary – November 10, 2014
- Veteran, Quadruple Amputee Shares Story in Dallas – November 7, 2014
- Mils Receives Hero’s Welcome – November 6, 2014
- In The Now: Interview with Producer, Katie Norris – November 2, 2014
- Travis Mills and Family Receive Keys to New Smart Home in Maine – October 23, 2014
- Tears from quad-amputee as he sees his new ‘smart home’ – October 16, 2014
- Emotional Ceremony Marks Unveiling Of Sinise Foundation “Smart Home” For Travis Mills – October 15, 2014
- What has actor Gary Sinise been up to? helping vets! (and lots of them!!) – October 15, 2014
- Soldier who lost 4 limbs gets new Maine home – October 15, 2014
- Smart Home offers quadruple amputee more independence – October 15, 2014
- Wounded Soldier Skydives with Maine First Lady – August 9, 2014
- Trine Excited to Host Travis Mills – July 24, 2014
- Operation Wounded Warriors: SSG Travis Mills, Matt Steichen – July 10, 2014
- Toby Keith Talks About His B-Day and Chatted With Quadruple Amputee SSG Travis Mills! – July 10, 2014
- Premiere for wounded vet sells out – July 9, 2014
- Actor Gary Sinise in Coronado for special screening of documentary about injured veteran’s recovery – July 9, 2014
- An Intimate Look into the Life of a Wounded Warrior – July 7, 2014
- TRAVIS’ STORY: A SOLDIER’S PERSEVERANCE – July 5, 2014
- Travis Mills in San Diego Tuesday to share his tale of perseverance, recovery – July 5, 2014
- Chicago Tribune: Wounded warrior’s story to benefit veterans – June 30, 2014
- “Sundance for the Troops” at GI Film Festival – June 10, 2014
- Mike Rowe, ‘Dirty Jobs’ host, inspired after meeting amputee vet – May 27, 2014
- Quadruple amputee Travis Mills stuns Mike Rowe: ‘I’m not a victim’ – May 26, 2014
- Film festival honors our nation’s heroes – May 25, 2014
- American Journey: Redefining what it means to be a wounded warrior – May 23, 2014
- Injured Army veteran Travis Mills helps Covenant HealthCare kick off stroke awareness month in Saginaw – May 1, 2014
- Mid-Michigan hero Travis Mills visits Saginaw – May 1, 2014
- The Incredible Journey of Inspiring Documentary Travis: A Soldier’s Story as it Screens Nationwide – May 1, 2014
- GI Film Festival: Travis: A Soldier’s Story (Coming May 23) – May 1, 2014
- Science, Technology Festival in Nation’s Capital Inspires Students – April 28, 2014
- Star of “Travis: A Soldier’s Story Speaks to Local Students” – April 14, 2014
- Aaron Schock to present Soldier documentary – April 13, 2014
- SSG Travis Mills Celebrates 2nd “Alive Day” – April 10, 2014
- Sgt. Travis Mills defies odds after critical injury – April 9, 2014
- Veteran Travis Mills To Bring Story Of Inspiration To Students At The 2014 USA Science & Engineering Festival – March 31, 2014
- Wounded warrior sails with Miami’s Shake-A-Leg Foundation – March 2, 2014
- Veteran lost arms, legs in Afghanistan, but says he’s no sob story – March 1, 2014
- Quadruple Amputee Vet Flies High With The Golden Knights – February 28, 2014
- Florida: Quadruple Amputee Shares Incredible Story of Resilience in Documentary and in Person – February 28, 2014
- Wounded Veteran Receives Special Salute at Miami Heat Game – February 27, 2014
- Screening of Travis: A Soldier’s Story At Cosford Cinema In Miami To Benefit Wounded Warriors – February 20, 2014
- Wounded Warrior Travis Mills On His Life-Altering War Injury – January 31, 2014
- Travis A Soldier’s Story on Pro Player Insider – January 31, 2014
- ‘You just keep going’: Film about quadruple amputee soldier makes New York debut – January 29, 2014
- Ret. US Army Staff Sgt. Travis Mills talks with Imus – January 28, 2014
- Travis Mills drops ceremonial puck before the game between the Boston Bruins and New York Islanders – January 27, 2014
- Travis on COX Sports Online – November 28, 2013
- Travis Mills documentary screened at U.S. Capitol – November 18, 2013
- Fotolanthropy Movie Goes to Congress – November 8, 2013
- Dave Rogers interviews Travis Mills and Katie Norris – November 1, 2013
- Providence Journal encourages views to see Travis’ movie – October 31, 2013
- Newport paper tells how Military Parent Wins Film Premier for Newport – October 31, 2013
- Fayetteville Observer covers documentary screening – October 18, 2013
- WNCN discusses Travis’ documentary – October 17, 2013
- Special Screening of Travis: A Soldier’s Story in Kansas theater – October 7, 2013
- Verily Mag – Lessons from Travis: A Soldier’s Story – August 20, 2013
- MLive covers documentary debut – August 17, 2013
- Dallas Morning News discusses Travis’s attendance at premier – August 14, 2013
- NBC5 DFW Covers Documentary Premier in Dallas – August 12, 2013
- Travis on Fox4 DFW in advance of the screening of the new documentary
- WFAA’s interview with Travis about his recovery and the documentary – August 13, 2013
- Dallas Morning News talks about film premier – July 12, 2013
- Travis revisits the Happening Now set with Jenna Lee – July 3, 2013
- Jenna Lee’s (Fox News) two part interview with Travis & Kelsey – July 2, 2013
- Bangor (Maine) Daily News article about Travis & Camp Kennebec – May 29, 2013
- WMTW.com’s coverage of progress at Veterans Family Camp / Camp Kennebec – May 29, 2013
- Interview with WNEM Channel 5. Travis discussing his recovery – May 22, 2013
- Travis and other amputees helping the injured from Boston Marathon bombing – April 28, 2013
- Advocate Magazine tells how Fotolanthropy came to be involved with Travis Mills – April 17, 2013
- Travis talks to WNEM about his Alive Day – April 10, 2013
- American Homecoming’s online article about America’s five quadruple amputees – January 29, 2013
- WNEM TV5’s Skype interview with Travis & story about the Fotolanthropy documentary – December 30, 2012
- CNN happy holiday feature with Travis & other wounded warriors – December 24, 2012
- CBS National News story about Travis – October 11, 2012
- Fox New Happening Now’s follow up with Travis – October 5, 2012
- KPBS.org coverage of Travis’s planned homecoming to Michigan – September 20, 2012
- FOX4 DFW’s story on motorcycle ride fundraiser & interview with Travis
- America Live interview with Travis & other wounded warriors Part 2 – July 4, 2012
- America Live interview with Travis & other wounded warriors Part 1 – July 4, 2012
- Fox News Happening Now’s live interview with Travis in NYC – July 3, 2012
- Dallas Morning News story about Travis & advances in combat medicine – June 30, 2012
- HLN interview with Travis and Kelsey – June 27, 2012
- Fox News Happening Now’s follow-up on Travis’s amazing progress – June 8, 2012
- Fox News follow-up interview with Travis – May 30, 1012
- ABC12’s story about Vassar sixth graders visiting Travis while in DC – May 24, 2012
- FOX4 DFW’s story about Travis, 5th grader fundraising, & Meals For Mills
- HomePost’s update on Travis, with a link to his video – May 22, 2012
- WNEM TV5’s phone interview with Travis – May 16, 2012
- C-Span’s video of Rep. Steve King (Iowa) honoring Travis in Congress – May 11, 2012
- MLive one month follow-up story about Travis and his recovery – May 10, 2012
- MLive story about Travis Mills night at Saginaw Sting game – May 6, 2012
- MLive story on town pulling together for “Vassar’s Soldier” Part 3 of 3 – May 6, 2012
- ABC12 video about Saginaw Sting game honoring Travis – May 05, 2012
- NBC25 write-up about Saginaw Sting game honoring Travis – May 05, 2012
- MLive story on town pulling together for “Vassar’s Soldier” Part 2 of 3 – May 05, 2012
- MLive story on town pulling together for “Vassar’s Soldier” Part 1 of 3 – May 04, 2012
- Article on MLive about Saginaw Sting fundraiser for Travis
- WMTV video about SSG Josh Buck and his early return
- News14 Carolina story about Travis & interview with Laurin Hill
- Fox News follow-up story about Travis – April 20, 2012
- Article on MLive about Richville fundraiser for Travis – April 19, 2012
- Huffington Post story about Travis & the offer of a “Smart Home” – April 18, 2012
- FoxNews.com story about Travis & The Gary Sinise Foundation – April 17, 2012
- Article on MLive about “Smart Home” offer for Travis – April 17, 2012
- Quadruple amputee injured in Afghanistan undergoes surgery – April 16, 2012
- Fox 4 DFW story about SSG Travis Mills & SSG Josh Buck
- Fox News Video & Interview with Kelsey – April 16, 2012
- Fox News article about Travis – April 16, 2012
- Story on MLive.com about Travis – April 16, 2012
- WNEM Channel 5 story about Travis – April 16, 2012